Committee Against Domestic Abuse
To provide safety and support to victims of domestic and sexual violence through
education, advocacy, and shelter.
The Committee Against Domestic Abuse, Inc. (CADA) is a non-profit victim’s advocacy and emergency shelter organization based in Mankato, Minnesota. It has been engaged in its mission to provide shelter, advocacy, and education services for 35 years. The shelter program provides emergency housing to female survivors of domestic and sexual violence and their children. Twenty-four hour advocacy and supportive services are provided in the shelter as well as through community-based victim service programs serving Blue Earth, Nicollet, Brown, Waseca, Watonwan, Faribault, Le Sueur and Sibley counties located in South-Central Minnesota. CADA also houses a supervised parenting time program where children are able to visit their non-custodial parents in a safe, neutral environment.
- Safety through emergency shelter services and short and long-term safety planning with victims/survivors.
- Confidentiality respecting each victim/survivor and organizational confidentiality.
- Empowerment helping victims/survivors in gaining and maintaining control over their own lives.
- Diversity through educational efforts.
- Collaboration working jointly with area service providers in increasing victim safety.
- Accountability to those served, the community, and funding sources.
- Preventing violence through education, advocacy, and support.
- Change individual, societal, and institutional attitudes and behaviors which perpetuate violence.
CADA Board of Directors:
Vickie Apel - Board Chair
SMILES Center for Independent Living, Community Development Director
Amal Osman, Vice Chair
City of Mankato EDA
Bob Sutter - Treasurer
Rasmussen College Criminal Justice Faculty
North Mankato Police Department, Chief
True Team Remax Dynamic Agents, Realtor
Donald J. Ebel, PhD
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Waseca Police Dept. Chief of Police